The App Store makes thousands of applications available for download and, among them, there are paid ones, which require a single purchase, or those that require a subscription for special features. Whichever you choose, you'll need to register a debit or credit card on the App Store to get them.
- What is the Apple One and how much does it cost
- How to Install iPhone and iPad Apps on Mac
For this, your Apple ID is responsible for managing the card and authorizing you to make purchases on your Apple device and to Family Sharing members. So, in addition to you, up to five people can use the same payment method to buy apps from the Apple store, buy subscriptions, get Apple Music, buy books through Apple Books, and buy movies or music from the iTunes Store.
See below how to register your credit or debit card in the App Store on iPhone, Mac and iTunes on PC.
Download our app for iOS and Android and follow the main technology news in real time on your smartphone.
How to Add a Card in the App Store on iPhone
- Open the Settings app and tap "your name". Then go to "Payment and Delivery";
- Tap "Add a payment method" and enter your credit or debit card information;
- Finally, tap "Done".
How to Add a Card in the App Store on Mac
- Open the App Store on Mac. Select "your name" at the bottom side of the screen;
- Click on "View Information". Next to "Payment Information", click "Manage Payments";
- Select "Add a payment method" and enter your credit or debit card information;
- Click "Done" to finish.
How to Add a Card in the App Store from iTunes on PC
- Open iTunes on PC. Then, at the top of the window, go to "Account" > "View My Account" ;
- Under "Payment Information, click "Manage Payments";
- Select "Add" to register a credit or debit card and finally click "Done".
How to request a refund for App Store purchases
If you made a purchase or subscription in error, you can request the transaction cancellation on the App Store and request a refund of the invested amount. This can especially happen due to access to your payment method by family members in the Family Sharing program.
Read the article on Canaltech.
Trending on Canaltech:
- Giro da Saúde: peak transmission of Ômicron; mild post-covid mental fog; and +
- What happens to the brain when a person dies?
- Glacier in Antarctica Is Melting and Could Cause 'Doomsday'
- The sky is not the limit | Asteroid nearby, Earth's core cooling and more
- James Webb Telescope reaches its destination 1.5 million km from Earth